Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fine Arts from Fine Motor, Part 7

WELCOME BACK, FINE MOTOR FRIENDS!!!
Welcome to the Kid's Co-op blog hop!!


It's Friday!!!!
That means all things 'fine motor' with a look at 'Fine Arts.'
This makes the seventh installation in the series.
Let's get this party started!

First: prepare the materials to encourage exploration.


Let's look at fingers having fun with tissue paper!


This is a mature three year old at work.
LUV the concentration.
LUV the arrangement and use of colors!!!

Open ended!!!! Process!!!!!
All success -- all along the way!


Here I am with my 'grandma' hat on..... 
with my WonderPeeps at the Conservatory.
All things: butterfly!
Awesome professionally, pre-made colorful butterflies prepared with scratch-off layer.



This set of hands are two years older.
Look at the confidence in this approach to the same project!!


Clothes-pins to be  decorated with magic-markers.
Goldfish crackers in a baggie to become wings.
Half of a pipe-cleaner for antennae.


Crayola Glitter Pens.
SQUEEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!!


And another opportunity to explore with tissue paper!!!!
Variation on the theme presented above.
 


Whether in your classroom or your family room there are oodles of opportunities to include materials that afford working those fine motor muscles. Last week I had those photos of the awesome 'Lite Brites' and here are some glorious 'pegs' that also make an excellent chance to think numeracy while exercising those fingers.



Here's a collage I created after one of my 'Author Visits' to a Preschool here in FL earlier this year.
I just LUV the way these 'mosaics' turned out.

Pre-made stencil letters and lots of little squares of construction paper.





Remember!!!!! Always have the children see YOU writing!!!! LUV this idea of having the kiddos 'sign-in' their votes on the question for the classroom!!!




ALWAYS have the children see you recording their thoughts to share with others!


You simply must go back and see the first articles in the series! 
Just click right here to see all of the series.

                                                                                    -- Debbie --

2 comments:

  1. Thx for all the good ideas to share with my early childhood spec ed teachers! K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these wonderful ideas for fine motor skills. My favorite is the black paper scratch off...I'll have to remember that one! Thanks for linking up to (and hosting) the kids co-op!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...