Saturday, June 27, 2015

Praise Report! Plans to Prosper you and Give you Hope!


My heart is always full as I begin to reflect on all that has happened in the previous week. This week is no exception. My heart is indeed very full. So much happens in a week. Or a month. 

We drove north on May 27th, arriving in Sister Bay just in time to be greeted by all of our growth and blooms. We expected to live in our northern haven until mid-October, before returning on our southern snowbird jaunt to palm trees and ocean spray. 


INSTEAD. Exactly a month later, today on June 27th we drove out, headed south, away from our little haven for the last time. Our heads and hearts are still spinning. 

A lot can  happen in a month. 
We sold our haven. 
Unbeknownst to us, it had been admired.

The power of prayer in tangible. 
We had asked for your prayers of support. 
Little did we know how we would prosper as a result. 
How our prayers would be answered. 

In case you missed it. 
We sold our place without it ever being on the market: 
At a time when two of our neighbors have had their condos on the market for over two years. 



11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 

Hope and a future! I'll take that!


Needless to say, driving away today was bittersweet. 
All of those incredible memories: sunsets, daisies, corn-on-the-cob, quilts, cherries, concerts, festivals and fireworks are stored happily in my heart and here, too. At this minute, we are in the car headed to IN, then OH and on to KY over the coming week... and ultimately, after the holiday Fourth, we will return to our beloved peninsula.... only this time we will be 'visiting' as renters. I'm willing to bet that the cherries will be sweet, as will the festivals.

Here's the first image as we started south. 
Ephraim. 


After so much rain, the sun appeared to tease us, 
 but offered a happy temptation to return.

When people look at us cross-eyed? 
I have a four word response: 
"It's a God-thing."

The verse from Jeremiah rings with absolute truth. 
HOPE and a FUTURE!  


“Let us not become weary in doing good, 
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” (Galatians 6:9)

So this month has been all about taking action! 
Boxing up our worldly belongings. 
Cleaning the place up. 
Being grateful. 

On to other news in this grateful week! 
 Everyone's had a-maz-ing news! 

I started this whole use-the-blog for transparency between faith and life, as a result of our oldest daughter's sudden plunge into the world of divorce and a custody battle. 
Pray on faithful people. Pray on. 

Sad to say, a very public attack is taking place on FB of all places.
As I type! 
Many people pouring oil on a fire. 
I will stick with the Bible at a sad time such as this.
I'll spare you the details, after all it is public. 
Such true sadness. Divisiveness. Sorrow.  

"Vengeance is mine says the Lord." ~~ Romans 12:19

"For it is indeed just of God to repay with affliction those who afflict you and to give relief to the afflicted." ~~ 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7

"Thus I will punish the world for its evil, 
And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud, And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless."
~~ Isaiah 13:11

"Assuredly, the evil man will not go unpunished, 
But the descendants of the righteous will be delivered." ~~ Proverbs 11:21

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on a THRILLING CONCLUSION! 



Sarah received INCREDIBLE news this week! 
She has been slated as a speaker at the national Younique convention! 
She started in November and is speaking in AUGUST!
"Like a duck to water." 

{{{Yes, mom, she has a streak of purple in her hair.}}}

She has been able to keep her head up! 
She has been able to find income and promise! 
She has found support and encouragement.
She is building a business!  

#MoreThanMascara INDEED! 

I LUV getting off the phone with such exciting news. 

Our second born-brown eyed wonder, just called with her own amazing news! 
She is playing at the Kennedy Center tonight! 
WITH THE NATIONAL SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA! 

I am so proud of my daughters.
They are each independent contractors. 
Each building their own business. 
Each making their way in the world.  

They make decisions daily that a mother can be proud to share! 


Can you find Noelle? We got to be in attendance at the Kennedy Center the weekend above, when she received her doctoral degree!!! It is such a thrill to have children who are capable and apply their abilities to improve the lives of others. 

---------------------------------------------------

Truth be told. Challenges are still very much part of the story. 
I work daily at forgiveness in the face of the unthinkable. 

This week I saw that Depak Chopra is sponsoring a national day of meditating on the topic of compassion. I will be working personally on this topic for the rest of the summer. 

COMPASSION. FORGIVENESS. COMPASSION.  

This verse seems a fitting conclusion tonight: 

Matthew 5:44 - But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you.

A friend just sent me this passage: 

Exodus 14: 13 + 14

  Ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day.  Genesis 50:20.  

We have had discord since the beginning of time. It is good that I have friends who can share their favorite passages with me, as I am no Biblical scholar. Finding these passages at this exact juncture tonight are a demonstration of God's love and making the evil work unto good. YEAH GOD! 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the developments of the last year for me professionally is to have launched a Twitter Chat that has been a wild and crazy success! We are approaching our first anniversary. FIFTY TWO chats on making schools better places for teachers and students. 

There will be amazing prizes this week. 


I couldn't do it without the support and encouragement of my three fellow hostess' and all of their dedication and commitment. Cream always rises to the top. This is just another example of hard work and dedication making a daily difference in the lives of others. 

We have had amazing individuals contribute their time and expertise in the pursuit of excellence. I am so happy to have my name associated with these incredible educators! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...